Slane and Carlanstown Wastewater Treatment Plants Upgrades
Upgrading the wastewater treatment plants in Slane and Carlanstown, Co. Meath as part of €350,000 investment.
Irish Water, working in partnership with Meath County Council, is investing €350,000 to undertake essential upgrade works to wastewater treatment plants in Slane and Carlanstown, Co. Meath. These improvement works include upgrades to the storm water management and sludge treatment and storage.
- Upgrade existing infrastructure at the plant and provide new elements where defects identified
- Improve the performance of the wastewater treatment process
- Prolong the operational life of the existing plant
- Reduce the risk of storm water flooding
- Ensure compliance with Urban Wastewater Treatment Regulations 2001
- Install storm water holding tanks for both of the plants
- Upgrade the sludge storage facility at the Carlanstown plant
- Works will be carried out within the footprint of the plants therefore minimising disruption to residents and businesses in the surrounding area