Robertstown Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade
Irish Water, working in partnership with Kildare County Council, is carrying out upgrade works on the Robertstown Wastewater Treatment Plant.
This project is part of the Irish Water Inlet Works, Storm and Sludge (IWSS) Programme. As part of this project, Robertstown wastewater treatment plant will receive storm tank upgrade works, improving the performance of the plant. Conway Engineering is working on behalf of Irish Water to deliver this project.
- Upgrade existing infrastructure at the plant and provide new elements where defects identified
- Improve the performance of the wastewater treatment process
- Prolong the operational life of the existing plant
- Construct a new storm water holding tank at the Robertstown plant
- Works will be carried out within the footprint of the plant, therefore minimising disruption to residents and businesses in the surrounding area
What is happening now?
It is planned that works will start on/ around Monday 29 November 2021. Irish Water expects these works to last for approximately 5 months, with intermitted activities completed onsite over this duration.
Works will take place from 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday – Friday, and 8.00am – 2.00pm on Saturday, unless under exceptional circumstances. Please note that the upgrade works will have no impact on your current wastewater service.
For further information regarding the works please contact the project team or Conway Engineering on +353 (0) 61 301877.