Riverstick Reservoir/Belgooly Water Supply Scheme
Irish Water to invest over €600,000 to upgrade Riverstick Reservoir and Belgooly Water Supply Scheme.
Irish Water, working in partnership with Cork County Council, is investing over €600,000 as part of the upgrade Riverstick Reservoir and Belgooly Water Supply Scheme. The works will be carried out by Sorensen Civil Engineering Ltd and will take approximately 6 months to complete.
The existing reservoir is outdated and requires upgrading. Additionally, a new 5.5 km trunk water main has recently been completed from Riverstick to Belgooly and in order to enable the newly installed network to be fully commissioned, a new water storage reservoir is required at Riverstick.
What is involved?
- Construction of a new precast concrete storage reservoir along with a new access road and pipework to the new reservoir.
- Construction of a new chlorine dosing house adjacent to the access road.
- Construction of a new booster pump-house within Riverstick Village.
- Demolition of the existing storage reservoir following commissioning of the new reservoir.
- Allow for the commissioning of the recently completed water mains to Belgooly.
- Ensure a reliable water supply to Belgooly and Riverstick Villages.
- Safeguard the water supplies to Belgooly, Riverstick and the surrounding areas.
- Ensure the areas have sufficient storage capacity, allowing for social and economic development of the areas.
- Provide a safe, secure and sustainable source of drinking water to the areas.
- Reduce existing leakages from the existing network infrastructure.