Rinbaun Water Main Replacement
National Leakage Reduction Programme
Irish Water, in partnership with Sligo County Council, is replacing problematic water mains in Rinbaun to provide a more reliable water supply and reduce high levels of leakage.
The programme to replace the water mains in Rinbaun will commence in July 2019. These works are being carried out as part of Irish Water’s National Leakage Reduction Programme. The section of works will take place along the N17 from Coolaney/Mullinabreen GAA club to finish approximately 6 kilometres from Ballinacarrow. The works will be carried out on behalf of Irish Water by Farrans Construction and are expected to be completed by September 2019.
A Reliable Water Supply
- Replacing the old water mains with new water mains and service connections will reduce the instances of bursts and water outages and will ensure a reliable supply of water to customers in the area
- Replacement of old water mains and service connections in poor condition will eliminate existing leaks and reduce the amount of clean drinking water lost into the ground
Improved Operation and Maintenance
- These works will deliver cost savings by providing improved water network operation that will require less maintenance in the future
- The works involve the replacement of over 1 kilometre of problematic water main with high density polyethylene (plastic) pipes
- The works will also involve laying new water service connections from the public water main in the road to customers’ property boundaries and connecting it to the customers’ water supply
- Where the existing service connections on the public side are lead these will be replaced as part of this improvement work