Offaly Water Mains Rehabilitation & Conservation Project
Water Supply Project
This €2.1 million investment will reduce the high levels of water leakage on the network in Offaly by replacing 7km of old, defective water mains and service connections.
The project will will also see customers benefit from improved water pressure, security of supply and water quality.
- Reduce water leakage
- Improve water pressure
- Improve drinking water quality
- Remove and replace 475 lead service connections
- Reduce pipe scouring and maintenance
- Increase flow of water for firefighters
- The decommissioning and replacing of 7km of defective water mains that service Edenderry and Kilcormac
- Removing problematic backyard shared services and relocating to public land where possible
- Laying new polyethylene and ductile iron water mains
- Replacing and upgrading 475 lead service connections for customers