Moynalty Road Water Main Replacement - Kells
National Leakage Reduction Programme
Irish Water, in partnership with Meath County Council, is replacing problematic water mains on Moynalty Road, Kells, Co. Meath to improve security of supply and reduce high levels of leakage.
The programme to replace problematic water mains on Moynalty Road is scheduled to commence on 5 November 2018. These works are being carried out as part of Irish Water’s national Leakage Reduction Programme. The section of works will take place between O Growney Terrace and Sunset Heights.
A Reliable Water Supply
- Replacement of water mains and service connections will reduce the instances of bursts and water outages and will ensure a reliable supply of water to customers and local businesses in the area
- Replacement of water mains and service connections will eliminate existing leaks and reduce the amount of clean drinking water lost into the ground
Improved Operation and Maintenance
- These works will deliver cost savings by providing improved water network operation that will require less maintenance in the future
- The works involve the replacement of approximately 650 metres of problematic water mains with high density polyethylene (plastic) pipes
- The works will also involve laying new water service connections from the public water main in the road to customers’ property boundaries and connecting it to the customers’ water supply
- The works will be carried out on behalf of Irish Water by GMC and are expected to be completed by mid-December 2018