Mohill and Manorhamilton Wastewater Treatment Plants Upgrades
Uisce Éireann has completed works as part of a €3.7 million investment to upgrade the Mohill and Manorhamilton Wastewater Treatment Plants.
Uisce Éireann working in partnership with Leitrim County Council has completed works as part of the upgrade to both the Mohill and Manorhamilton Wastewater Treatment Plants. Both plants were constructed approximately 30 years ago and as a result of the upgrade works the capacity of both plants has been increased.
The works carried out will now ensure that both plants are compliant with EU Urban Wastewater Directives. The works were carried out by Coffey Water Limited working on behalf of Uisce Éireann and took approximately 18 months to complete.
- Increase the capacity of the existing wastewater treatment plants
- Improve water quality in receiving waters and ensure compliance with EU Urban Wastewater Directives
- Support economic and social development the area
What is involved?
- Upgrade works to the wastewater treatment plants at Mohill and Manorhamilton to cater for the designed population equivalent of 1,800p.e and 3,000p.e respectively.
- Construction of two new a new wastewater storm storage tanks. One in the Mohill WWTP and one at the main Pumping Station on the Sligo Road in Manorhamilton.
- The upgrade of all mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control, automation and telemetry equipment at both wastewater treatment plants.
- Installation of sustainable sludge handling, dewatering and storage systems to appropriate standards, for final sustainable disposal in accordance with best waste management practice.