Millstreet Sewerage Scheme Upgrade
Irish Water is upgrading the wastewater infrastructure in Millstreet, Co. Cork to increase capacity and ensure environmental compliance.
Irish Water, working in partnership with Cork County Council, is undertaking essential upgrades to the wastewater infrastructure in Millstreet, Co. Cork. Electrical and Pump Services Ltd (EPS) is delivering this project on behalf of Irish Water.
This €7 million investment includes upgrades to the wastewater treatment plant, the sewer network and pumping station. These upgrades will improve the wastewater treatment performance, increase the plants capacity and ensure compliance with the Wastewater Treatment Regulations.
What is involved?
- Upgrading preliminary treatment including upgrades to the screening and grit removal
- Upgrading the storm water overflow, storm water storage and sludge storage
- Upgrading the outfall to the River Finnow
- Constructing or upgrading 1.3 km of sewer pipelines
- Upgrades to the Mount Leader pumping station
- Modernise and improve the performance of the wastewater treatment infrastructure in Millstreet
- Address and upgrade any structural defects of the existing sewers
- Ensure compliance with Urban Wastewater Treatment Regulations 2001
- Increase the treatment capacity of the plant
- Improve water quality in the Tanyard Stream and River FInnow
- Provide for growth and development in Millstreet and surrounding areas