Mallow Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade
Irish Water is progressing with upgrades to increase capacity and ensure environmental compliance.
Irish Water has awarded a contract to Glan Agua Limited to complete the project.
Irish Water, working in partnership with Cork County Council, is progressing with upgrades to wastewater treatment plant in Mallow, Co. Cork. The current wastewater treatment plant is outdated and overloaded. Once completed, this project will increase the capacity at the plant to benefit homes and businesses in Mallow and the surrounding area.
What is involved as part of this project?
As part of this €20 million project, Irish Water will:
- Upgrade of the existing Mallow WWTP
- Upgrading of foul and storm pumping at Mallow Bridge
- Provision of stormwater storage at the new Mallow Bridge Pumping Station
What are the benefits of this project?
The upgrade works carried out as part of this project will:
- Modernise and improve the performance of the wastewater treatment infrastructure
- Increase the treatment capacity and resolve overloading of the plant
- Allow for the long-term social and economic development of Mallow
Details of upcoming works:
|Location||Start Date||Duration||Planned Works||Traffic Management|
|Pumping station||August 2021||4 weeks||Complete excavation of storm tank. Install rock anchors to storm tank and concrete blinding. Complete excavation of pump station. Commence 1800mm overflow pipework.||Minor increased levels of construction vehicles|
|Wastewater Treatment Plant||August 2021||4 weeks||Works to existing aeration tank||Minor increased levels of construction vehicles|