What are the benefits of this project?
- Ensure that wastewater is treated and discharged in compliance with the Urban Wastewater Treatment Directive (UWWTD)
- Reduce risk of sewers flooding in Roscommon Town
- Improve and alleviate sewer capacity
- Allow for future population growth and economic development
- A contract has been signed for jetting, cleaning and CCTV survey of the town's sewer network.
- Works commenced in May 2016 on the rehabilitation of some of the sewers.
What is involved in this project?
- A survey to identify and rehabilitate the existing sewerage network in order to reduce the volume of ground water infiltration into the collection system.