Limerick City Sewer Surveys
Commencing works to survey over 22 km of sewer and 2,000 manholes in Limerick City.
Irish Water, working in partnership with Limerick City and County Council and RPS Group Limited, is to undertake surveys of the existing sewer network in Limerick City. Precision Industrial Services Limited is working on our behalf to deliver these surveys, which form part of the Limerick Drainage Area Plan project.
The surveys are the first of its scale carried out in Limerick City and will provide the basis to build a hydraulic model to assess the capacity, condition and performance level of the sewer network.
- Allow us to build a hydraulic model of the existing sewer network in Limerick City
- Determine the condition, capacity and performance level of the sewer network
- Allow us to prioritise sewers in need of upgrade on a national basis
- Part of a national programme of sewer surveys and models that are being undertaken across the country
What is involved as part of this project?
- Undertake CCTV camera surveys and data collection of the sewers and manholes
- Access to private property may be required to complete the surveys
- Some minor road works and traffic management around manholes may be required for a limited time to facilitate the survey
- Traffic management will be managed in coordination with Limerick City and County Council, with limited or no traffic disruption expected as a result of these works