Lemybrien Water Main Replacement - Kilrossanty
National Leakage Reduction Programme
Irish Water, in partnership with Waterford City & County Council, is replacing ageing water mains in Kilrossanty, Lemybrien, Co Waterford to improve security of supply and reduce high levels of leakage.
The programme to replace the water mains in Kilrossanty, Lemybrien, Co Waterford will begin the week commencing 18 March 2019. These works are being carried out as part of Irish Water’s National Leakage Reduction Programme. The section of works will take place in the vicinity of Kilrossanty National School. The works will be carried out on behalf of Irish Water by Coffey Northumbrian Ltd. and are expected to be completed by May 2019.
A Reliable Water Supply
- Replacing the old water mains with new water mains and service connections will reduce the instances of bursts and water outages and will ensure a reliable supply of water to customers in the area
- Replacement of old water mains and service connections in poor condition will eliminate existing leaks and reduce the amount of clean drinking water lost into the ground
Improved Operation and Maintenance
- These works will deliver cost savings by providing improved water network operation that will require less maintenance in the future
- The works involve the replacement of over 1.4 kilometres of problematic water mains with high density polyethylene (plastic) pipes
- The works will also involve laying new water service connections from the public water main in the road to customers’ property boundaries and connecting it to the customers’ water supply
- Areas of work will be limited to short sections to minimise impact on customers
- Traffic management will be in place throughout the course of the works