Leixlip Saggart Water Main Project
Irish Water has invested over €35 million in the Leixlip Saggart Water Main Project.
The Leixlip to Saggart Water Main Pipeline Project was completed in December 2019. This strategic project connect two of the main Water Treatment Plants (WTP) in the Dublin Region Water Supply Area and will increase connectivity of the water supply Greater Dublin Area (GDA). This project was delivered by Ward and Burke Limited on behalf of Irish Water.
- Increased Irish Water’s ability to distribute treated drinking water in the GDA
- This project will improve the resilience of the water network supply in Dublin
- Increased connectivity of the water supply in the GDA
- Will enable further residential and commercial developments in the surrounding Dublin area
- A 7km water main was constructed which enable water to be transferred from Leixlip (via Peamount) to Saggart
- Included two 178m long tunnels which crossed under the N7 dual carriageway, a shopping centre car park and a regional public road;
- Construction of a 40 million litre per day (MLD) Pumping Station