Kinsealy Lane Water Main Replacement
National Leakage Reduction Programme
Irish Water, in partnership with Fingal County Council, is replacing ageing water mains on Kinsealy Lane, Malahide, Co Dublin to provide a more reliable water supply, improve water quality and reduce high levels of leakage.
These works are being carried out as part of Irish Water’s National Leakage Reduction Programme. The works will be carried out on behalf of Irish Water by GMC Utilities Group Ltd. and are expected to be completed by the end of July 2019.
A Reliable Water Supply
Replacement of water mains and service connections will reduce the instances of bursts and water outages and will ensure a reliable supply of water to customers and local businesses in the area
Improved Water Quality
- Replacing existing old cast iron and lead from the public water network with new modern pipes will reduce the risk of contamination
- Replacement of water mains and service connections will eliminate existing leaks and reduce the amount of clean drinking water lost into the ground
Improved Operation and Maintenance
- These works will deliver cost savings by providing improved water network operation that will require less maintenance in the future
- The works involve the replacement of over 2.1 kilometres of aged and problematic water mains with high density polyethylene (plastic) pipes.on Kinsealy Lane and Connolly Avenue, Malahide, Co Dublin are scheduled to commence in June 2019
- The works will also involve laying new water service connections from the public water main in the road to customers’ property boundaries and connecting it to the customers’ water supply