Kinlough and Tullaghan New Service Connections
National Leakage Reduction Programme
Irish Water, in partnership with Leitrim County Council, is transferring services connections from Kinlough and Tullaghan, Co. Leitrim to improve security of supply, improve water quality and reduce high levels of leakage.
The works are scheduled to commence on 26 November 2018. These works are being carried out as part of Irish Water’s national Leakage Reduction Programme. The section of works will take place between Kinlough and Tullaghan, Co Leitrim. The works will be carried out on behalf of Irish Water by Farrans Construction Ltd. and are expected to be completed in February 2019.
A reliable water supply
- Replacing the ageing water mains and service connections and will reduce the instances of bursts and water outages on Patricks Street and Chapel Avenue and will ensure a reliable supply of water to customers and local businesses in the area
- Replacing the old water mains and service connections will eliminate existing leaks and reduce the amount of clean drinking water lost into the ground
Improved operation and maintenance
- These works will deliver cost savings by providing improved water network operation that will require less maintenance in the future
- The works involve the de-commissioning of approximately 3.6 kilometres of problematic pipes
- The works will also involve laying new water service connections from a recently installed public water main in the public road to customers’ property boundaries and, where required, connecting it to the customers’ water supply pipes within private property
- Where the existing service connections on the public side are lead these will be replaced as part of this improvement work