Kilmacow Water Main Replacement
National Leakage Reduction Programme
Irish Water replacing ageing water mains in Kilmacow, Co. Kilkenny to improve security of supply for local customers, improve pressure and reduce leakage.
Irish Water, working in partnership with Kilkenny County Council, will soon begin works to replace problematic ageing water mains in the townlands of Dangan and Arderra, Kilmacow, Co. Kilkenny. The works are scheduled to commence on 13 June 2018. These water mains renewal works are being carried out as part of Irish Water’s national Leakage Reduction Programme.
A reliable water supply
- Replacing the ageing water mains and service connections will reduce the instances of bursts and water outages and will ensure a reliable supply of water to customers in the area
- Replacing the old water mains and service connections will eliminate existing leaks and reduce the amount of clean drinking water lost into the ground
Improved Operation and Maintenance
- These works will deliver cost savings by providing improved water network operation that will require less maintenance in the future
- The works will involve the decommissioning and replacement of approximately 2.2 kilometres of ageing water mains between Ballykeoghan and Lacey’s Cross in Dangan and approximately 0.7 kilometres in Arderra
- The existing pipes will be replaced with new modern high density polyethylene plastic pipes
- The works will also involve laying new water service connections from the public water main in the road to customers’ property boundaries and connecting it to the customer’s water supply
- The works are planned to commence on the 13 June 2018 and are expected to be completed by the end of October 2018