Kilkenny Regional Water Supply Scheme
Water supply project
This €1.5 million project will benefit 2,124 customers and is needed to expand the area served by the current Outrath network.
This project will provide a minimum of 24 hours storage for the area served from Outrath reservoir and improve the chlorine residuals in the townlands of Wallslough, Furzehouse and Kilferagh.
- Improve water quality of receiving watercourses
- Provide additional storage in the event of an outage
- Improve the chlorine residuals in the townlands of Wallsough, Furzehouse and Kilferagh
- Increase water pressure
- During periods of high demand on the scheme there is an insufficient supply and pressure to supply Outrath Reservoir. At present, there is only 7 hours of storage at Outrath
- The pump station at Outrath is located at too high an elevation. This project will move the pumps to a more suitable location and provide additional storage in the event of an outage