Kilkenny City Sewer Survey
Commencing works to survey over 22km of sewer and 2,300 manholes in Kilkenny City.
Irish Water, working in partnership with Kilkenny County Council, is to undertake a survey of the existing sewer network in Kilkenny City. RPS Environmental Management Limited is working on behalf of Irish Water to deliver this project. This is the first time surveys of this scale are being carried out in Kilkenny City and will provide the basis to assess the capacity, condition and performance level of the sewer network beneath the city.
- Allow us to build a hydraulic model of the existing sewer network under Kilkenny City
- Determine the condition, capacity and performance level of the sewer network
- Feed into a national programme of sewer network models across the country
- Allow us to prioritise sewers in need of repair and upgrade on a national basis
- Undertake surveys and data collection of the sewer network and manholes
- May require access to private property to complete manhole surveys
- Some traffic management around manholes will be required for a limited time to facilitate the survey
- Traffic management will be managed in coordination with Kilkenny County Council, with limited or no traffic disruption expected as a result of these works