Kerry Sewer Surveys
Proposing to survey over 20km of sewers and over 1,000 manholes in Tralee, Killarney, Ballylongford and Listowel.
Irish Water, working in partnership with Kerry County Council, is undertaking surveys of the existing sewer networks in Tralee, Killarney, Ballylongford and Listowel. Precision Group Limited is working on behalf to undertake the surveys, which forms part of a Drainage Area Plan for these areas. These surveys will provide the basis to build a hydraulic model to assess the capacity, condition and performance level of the sewer networks in these towns.
- Allow us to build a hydraulic model of the existing sewer networks in these areas
- Determine the condition, capacity and performance level of the sewer networks
- Feed into a national programme of sewer network models across the county
- Allow us to prioritise sewers in need of upgrade and upgrade on a national basis
- Undertake surveys and data collection of the sewer network and manholes
- Access to private property may be required to complete the surveys
- Some minor traffic management around manholes will be required for a limited time to facilitate the survey
- Traffic management will be managed in coordination with Kerry County Council, with limited or no traffic disruption expected as a result of these works