Innishannon Wastewater Treatment Plant
Irish Water, working in partnership with Cork County Council, is constructing a new wastewater treatment plant in Innishannon Co. Cork. EPS Group Limited has been commissioned to deliver this project on our behalf. This project is part of a €27 million investment in the Cork Mid-West area and will include the construction of a new wastewater treatment plant and associated infrastructure in this area. This will improve the wastewater treatment quality and capacity and ensure compliance with wastewater discharge regulations.
- End the discharge of poorly treated effluent
- Improve water quality in the receiving waters
- Enhance local amenities and a platform for social and economic development
- All new infrastructure is sized to accommodate future population growth of the villages and the surrounding Cork Mid-West areas
- Ensure compliance with the Urban Wastewater Treatment Directive and EPA Wastewater Discharge Licencing
What is involved?
- A new wastewater treatment plant at Innishannon and upgrades to the existing sewer network which will serve a population equivalent of approximately 1,600
- Decommissioning and demolition of the existing septic tank on the site
- Construction of the new WWTP and associated sewer infrastructure is expected to commence in Q2 2020
- Irish Water anticipates that these works will be completed by Q3 2021