Gorey Regional Water Supply Scheme
Water Supply Project
Irish Water to invest approximately €17 million as part of the Gorey Regional Water Supply Scheme.
Irish Water, working in partnership with Wexford County Council, has signed a contract for the delivery of the Gorey Regional Water Supply Scheme.
The project provides for a new water treatment plant (WTP) and reservoir at Ballyminaun Hill, upgrades works to an existing reservoir at Ballyminaun Hill and associated interconnecting infrastructure. The works will be carried out by Glan Agua Limited on behalf of Irish Water and will take approximately 18 months to complete.
The existing scheme is operating at maximum capacity. This project will increase capacity to the area in order to facilitate growth and development. This project will benefit businesses and residents of Gorey and the surrounding area through improvement of security of water supply.
What are the next steps?
Works are scheduled to commence in the coming months. Irish Water will keep the local community updated as the project progresses and in advance of any works commencing on the ground.
- Safeguard the drinking water supply to a population in excess of 16,000
- Ensure the long term supply of drinking water to people in North Wexford and facilitate the development of the area
- Additional groundwater capacity
- Construction of a new WTP at Ballyminaun Hill with a capacity 8,000m3/day
- Construction of a new 7,500m3 reservoir at Ballyminaun Hill WTP
- Construction of associated interconnecting infrastructure
- Upgrade existing reservoir at Ballyminaun Hill