Ennis Water Mains Rehab Works
Water Supply Project
This €4.6 million investment in the Ennis Water Supply Scheme will provide a vast improvement in water supply, pressure and quality for homes and businesses in the Ennis area.
Over 17km of existing water mains will be replaced and over 1,100 customer service pipes will be upgraded and replaced as part of this project. A saving of 1,300m3 of water will be made every day once the project is complete.
- Improve water pressure and eliminate peak-time pressure fluctuations
- Remove public-side lead service connections for 230 customers
- Improve drinking water quality
- Reduce supply disruptions and leakage
- The Ennis Water Supply Scheme has one of the highest levels of water leakage in Co. Clare
- Many of the water mains identified for replacement have high burst rates. This causes frequent major water supply disruptions to the Ennis area
- A number of the existing water mains lack sufficient hydraulic capacity to meet demand. This results in pressure fluctuation, low pressure, and even water outages at times of peak demand
- Replacing 17km of existing cast iron, uPVC and cement water mains with 11.8km of new water mains with a simplified water mains layout
- Upgrading 1,135 existing customer service pipes
- Commissioning 3.6km of existing trunk water mains on the Ennis by-pass between the Lahinch Road and the Kilrush Road