Dungarvan Lead Replacement
National Leakage Reduction Programme
Irish Water replacing lead service connections in Dungarvan, Co. Waterford to ensure a safer and more secure water supply to customers.
Irish Water, working in partnership with Waterford City & County Council, will begin works in Dungarvan, Co. Waterford commencing 14 May, 2018 as part of a lead replacement project. This project is part of Irish Water’s national Leakage Reduction Programme.
- Removing approximately 125 lead service connections from the public water network along O’Connell Street, Dungarvan
- Lead service connections will be replaced with modern high density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic pipes
- Works are scheduled to commence on the 14th May are expected to take approximately 12 weeks to complete
Improved Water Quality
- These works will result in improved water quality. Any lead service pipes found on the public side will be replaced
Improved Security of Supply
- The replacement of the ageing lead pipework will significantly reduce the level of disruption to customers
- Replacing the old lead service connections will eliminate existing leaks and reduce the loss of clean drinking water in the network