Cruiserath Road, Blanchardstown Water Mains Replacement
National Leakage Reduction Programme
Irish Water, working in partnership with Fingal County Council, is undertaking a major water network upgrade project in the Blanchardstown area.
The scheme includes the construction of 700m of a new watermain along the R121 Cruiserath Road from the Corduff Road Roundabout to the entrance on an existing pumping station beside the Alexion Facility.
These works are due to commence on the 31 August 2020 and last approximately 13 weeks.
- The Cruiserath Road Water Network Upgrade Project is a key infrastructure project for the future development of the local area.
- The project will have major benefits in terms of protecting the environment and the health of local communities, facilitating economic development and providing for a growing population
- In order to complete these works safely and efficiently the contractor carrying out these works, David Walsh Civil Engineering, intends to close the Cruiserath Road for the duration of the works.
- The R121 Cruiserath Road will be closed from the Corduff Road roundabout to the roundabout on Church Road / Damastown Avenue.
- A one-way system will be in place for eastbound traffic (toward City Centre).
- Westbound traffic (travelling toward Damastown / Tyrrelstown) will be diverted onto the Corduff Road and back onto the R121 at the Hollystown Road roundabout. These diversions will remain in place until 7 December 2020.
Residents and businesses in the areas to benefit from the planned improvements have been notified and customers can contact the project team by phone on 087 161 8309 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org if they have any questions about the project. For updates please visit www.water.ie or follow @IWCare. Irish Water regrets any inconvenience these necessary water network improvements cause. Details of work in the area will be updated regularly on the Water Supply Updates section.
Affects of works
- Traffic management may be in place during this time. Local and emergency traffic will be maintained at all times.
- The works may involve some short-term water shut offs and the project team will ensure that customers are given a minimum of 48 hours notice prior to any planned water shut offs.
- We understand that this type of work can be inconvenient and works crews will make every effort to minimise any disruption these necessary works cause.
Residents and businesses in the areas to benefit from the planned improvements have been notified directly.
Irish Water regrets any inconvenience these necessary water network improvements may cause. Details of any supply interruptions associated to this project will be updated regularly on the Water Supply Updates section of the Irish Water website