Coolcower Water Mains Replacement
National Leakage Reduction Programme
Irish Water in partnership with Cork County Council is replacing problematic water mains in Coolcower, Macroom, Co. Cork to provide a more reliable water supply and reduce high levels of leakage.
Irish Water is investing over 500 million between 2017 and the end of 2021 to reduce leakage and replace old pipes on the public water network. The benefits of this programme are:
- Replacing old pipes to reduce drinking water lost by leakage
- Fixing leaks to reduce disruption from bursts and outages
- Improving water quality
- Creating operational efficiencies on the network
Details of the project
The works involve the replacement of over 840 metres of problematic water mains with new modern pipes. The programme to replace the water mains in Coolcower will commence in early July. These works are being carried out as part of Irish Water’s National Leakage Reduction Programme.
The section of works will take place on the N22 between the turn for Coolcower House and Hartnetts Cross.
The works will also involve laying new water service connections from the public water main in the road to customers’ property boundaries and connecting it to the customers’ water supply. The works also involve the replacement of a number of backyard water supply pipes with front facing connections to the new water main.
The works will be carried out on behalf of Irish Water by Ward and Burke Construction and are expected to be completed in August 2021 prior to resurfacing works in the area.
What are the benefits of the works?
The benefits of the leakage reduction works include:
• Reliable Water Supply – Replacement of water mains and service connections will reduce the instances of bursts and water outages and will ensure a reliable supply of water to customers and local businesses in the area.
• Reduced Leaks – Replacement of water mains and service connections will eliminate existing leaks and reduce the amount of clean drinking water lost into
• Improved Operation and Maintenance – These works will deliver efficiencies including cost savings by providing improved water network operation that will
require less maintenance in the future.
Will customers be affected by the works?
Areas of work will be limited to short sections to minimise impact on customers. A stop-go traffic management system will be in place during this time. Local and emergency traffic will always be maintained.
The works may involve some short-term water shut offs and the project team will ensure that customers are given a minimum of 48 hours’ notice prior to any planned water shut offs.
We understand that this type of work can be inconvenient and works crews will make every effort to minimise any disruption these necessary works cause.