Clonrobin, Kilbrin, Water Mains Replacement
Leakage Reduction Programme
Uisce Éireann, in partnership with Cork County Council, is replaced problematic water mains in Clonrobin, Kilbrin, County Cork to improve security of supply, reduce high levels of leakage and improve water quality.
Uisce Éireann is investing over €500 million between 2017-2021 to reduce leakage and replace old pipes on the public water network.
- A Reliable Water Supply - Replacement of water mains and service connections will reduce the instances of bursts and water outages and will ensure a reliable supply of water to customers and local businesses in the area.
- Reduce Leaks - Replacement of water mains and service connections will eliminate existing leaks and reduce the amount of clean drinking water lost into the ground.
- Improved Operation and Maintenance - These works will deliver cost savings by providing improved water network operation that will require less maintenance in the future.
- The works involve the replacement of approximately 3.3 kilometers of problematic water mains with polyethylene (plastic) pipes.
- Works will commence on 28 September 2020.
- The works will also involve laying new water service connections from the public water main in the road to customers' property boundaries and connecting it to the customers' water supply. Where the existing service connections on the public side are lead these will be replaced as part of this improvement work.
- Works are expected to be completed on 30 November 2020.
Will customers be affected by the works?
In order to safely and efficiently carry out these water main rehabilitation works road closures will be in place for their duration. Local access will be maintained.
Through phase one of the works the L-5073 will be closed. Traffic will diverted towards Kilbrin and then will turn left onto the LT-50731-0 Drominagore Road and continue on that road onto Drominagore Cross. This alternative route is also applicable in the reverse.
Through phase two and three the LT-50731-0 will be closed. Traffic will be diverted onto the LP-1045 towards Kanturk and then turn right onto the L-5073 at Knocknacolan. This alternative route is also applicable in the reverse.
Both diversions will be signposted.
The works may involve some short-term water shut offs and the project team will ensure that customers are given a minimum of 48 hours notice prior to any planned water shut offs.
We understand that this type of work can be inconvenient and works crews will make every effort to minimise any disruption these necessary works cause.
For further information you can contact the Project Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.