Cavan Wastewater Treatment Plants Upgrades
Upgrading the wastewater treatment plants across Cavan as part of a €1.4 million investment to the county.
Irish Water, working in partnership with Cavan County Council, is investing €1.4 million to undertake essential upgrade works to wastewater treatment plants in towns and villages across Cavan. These improvement works include upgrades to the inlet works, storm water management and sludge treatment and storage facilities.
As part of the project, upgrade works are proposed to be completed in Blacklion, Kilnaleck, Shercock, Ballyhaise, Killeshandra and Mullagh.
- Upgrade existing infrastructure at the plants and provide new elements where defects identified
- Improve the performance of the wastewater treatment process
- Prolong the operational life of the existing plants
- Reduce the risk of storm water flooding
- Ensure compliance with Urban Wastewater Treatment Regulations 2001
- Upgrade the inlet works at the plants, which includes the provision of inlet screens, grit removal and flow control, where applicable
- Construct storm water holding tanks for the plants
- Upgrade the sludge storage, thickening and dewatering facilities where required
- Works will be carried out within the footprint of the plants therefore minimising disruption to residents and businesses in the surrounding area