Cavan Town Sewer Rehabilitation Works
Irish Water has invested €2 million in Cavan Sewer Rehabilitation Project
Irish Water, working in partnership with Cavan County Council, has invested €2 million to rehabilitate the sewer network in Cavan Town and the surrounding area. Mc Breen Environmental Limited workedon behalf of Irish Water to deliver this project.
The original scope of the project was completed in 2018. Building on this success, the project scope was reviewed and expanded to include additional sewer rehab works in County Cavan. Those additional works are complete.
Works were carried out using non-dig technology to reduce impacts to residents, the general public, businesses, schools and to minimise traffic disruption.
- Addressing the structural defects of the sewers
- Reduced potential sewer flooding and odour issues
- Improved performance level of the sewer network
- Undertaking of CCTV surveys of approximately 23km of sewer network to determine their condition and the extent of any defects
- Cleaning of the sewers in order to undertake an accurate inspection
- Installing new pre-cast plastic liners into the existing sewers where structural defect were identified
- Installing over 3km of full length liners, approximately 320 patch liners and 50 connection top hats