Castleblayney Water Main Replacement - Muckno Street
National Leakage Reduction Programme
Irish Water, in partnership with Monaghan County Council, is replacing ageing water mains in Muckno Street, Castleblayney to improve security of supply, improve water quality and reduce high levels of leakage.
The programme to replace problematic water mains on Muckno Street is scheduled to commence on 19 November 2018. These works are being carried out as part of Irish Water’s national Leakage Reduction Programme. The section of works will take place along the R181 just within the Castleblayney Town boundary. The works will be carried out on behalf of Irish Water by Farrans Construction Ltd. and are expected to be completed in early January 2019.
A Reliable Water Supply
- Replacement of water mains and service connections will reduce the instances of bursts and water outages and will ensure a reliable supply of water to customers and local businesses in the area
- Replacement of water mains and service connections will eliminate existing leaks and reduce the amount of clean drinking water lost into the ground
Improved Operation and Maintenance
- These works will deliver cost savings by providing improved water network operation that will require less maintenance in the future
- The works involve the replacement of approximately 360 metres of problematic water mains with new high density polyethylene (plastic) pipes
- The works will also involve laying new water service connections from the public water main in the road to customers’ property boundaries and connecting it to the customers’ water supply
- Where the existing service connections on the public side are lead these will also be replaced as part of this improvement work