Bandon Water Main & Sewer Network Upgrade Project
Irish Water is investing €14 million in the Bandon Water Main & Sewer Network Upgrade Project.
Works on the Bandon Water Main and Sewer Upgrade Project are continuing in accordance with the current Level 5 Covid 19 restrictions.
- Will improve the water and sewer network in Bandon
- Will reduce leakage in Bandon
- Provision for future growth within the Bandon area
- Replacement of 10kms aging water mains with a high frequency of burst and high rate of leakage
- Upgrading over 5kms of sewer network
- Replacement of all lead and copper communications pipes crossed or otherwise encountered during the construction works and replacement with polyethylene pipe
- Provision of a combined sewer underneath the bed of the St. Patrick’s Place Culvert on the Bridewell River from New Road along St. Patrick’s Place to Market Quay
- Removal of combined sewer overflows
Details of upcoming and on-going works:
|Location||Start Dates||Duration||Planned Works||Traffic Management|
|Numerous locations in the town||August 2021||10 weeks||Snagging works including footpath works, tie ins, manhole works etc.||Stop and Go|
|Market Quay||20 September 2021||8 weeks||Upgrade of sewer||Road closure, no delay to flow of traffic|
For updates on the works please visit the Bandon Project page.
Ward and Burke Construction Ltd. has a full time Community Liaison Officer on the contract who is available to address any concerns in relation to these works.
Contact details: Carol Harris 086 1449548 or firstname.lastname@example.org.