Bandon Water Main & Sewer Network Upgrade Project
Irish Water is investing €14 million in the Bandon Water Main & Sewer Network Upgrade Project.
Works on the Bandon Water Main and Sewer Upgrade Project are continuing in accordance with the current Level 5 Covid 19 restrictions.
- Will improve the water and sewer network in Bandon
- Will reduce leakage in Bandon
- Provision for future growth within the Bandon area
- Replacement of 10kms aging water mains with a high frequency of burst and high rate of leakage
- Upgrading over 5kms of sewer network
- Replacement of all lead and copper communications pipes crossed or otherwise encountered during the construction works and replacement with polyethylene pipe
- Provision of a combined sewer underneath the bed of the St. Patrick’s Place Culvert on the Bridewell River from New Road along St. Patrick’s Place to Market Quay
- Removal of combined sewer overflows
Details of upcoming and on-going works:
|Location||Start Dates||Duration||Planned Works||Traffic Management|
|Numerous locations in the town||Started February 2021||24 weeks||Snagging works including footpath works, tie ins, manhole works etc.||Stop and Go|
|Ballymoden||21 June to 22 June||1 night||Watermain Tie In, Water outage from 9.00pm -5.00am in Ballymoden area||Stop and Go|
For updates on the works please visit the Bandon Project page.
Ward and Burke Construction Ltd. has a full time Community Liaison Officer on the contract who is available to address any concerns in relation to these works.
Contact details: Carol Harris 086 1449548 or firstname.lastname@example.org.