Ballybegly Water Main Replacement - Newtowncunningham
National Leakage Reduction Programme
Irish Water, in partnership with Donegal County Council, is replacing ageing water mains in Ballybegley, Newtowncunningham to improve security of supply and reduce high levels of leakage.
These works are being carried out as part of Irish Water’s national Leakage Reduction Programme. The section of works will take place off the N13 to the west of Newtowncunningham in the townland of Ballybegley. The works will be carried out on behalf of Irish Water by Farrans Construction Ltd.
A Reliable Water Supply
- Replacement of water mains and service connections will reduce the instances of bursts and water outages and will ensure a reliable supply of water to customers and local businesses in the area
- Replacement of water mains and service connections will eliminate existing leaks and reduce the amount of clean drinking water lost into the ground
Improved Operation and Maintenance
- These works will deliver cost savings by providing improved water network operation that will require less maintenance in the future
- The works involve the replacement of approximately 1,500m of problematic PVC water mains with modern high density polyethylene (plastic) pipes
- The works will also involve laying new water service connections from the public water main in the road to customers’ property boundaries or, where required, connecting it to the customers’ water supply pipes within private property
- Works are are expected to be completed in December 2018