Tuam Regional Water Supply Scheme
€13.8 million investment in the Tuam Regional Water Supply Scheme Extension to Loughrea will provide a safe and secure water supply to over 6,000 local residents and businesses
Irish Water has awarded the contract for the design, construction and commissioning of the Tuam Regional Water Supply Scheme Extension to Loughrea to Shareridge Farrans JV.
- Improved drinking water quality
- Improved security of supply to approximately 6,000 people in Loughrea Town and surrounding areas
- Construction of approximately 20km of water mains from Carrowmonesh in Oranmore to Seefin Reservoir site located near Loughrea Town
- Construction of a new 1,000m³ reservoir at Seefin
- Provision of four new pumping stations in Derrydonnell, Seefin, Lake Road and Knockanaima
- Decommissioning of two existing water treatment plants in Loughrea
News and Updates
Where will the works take place?
- The proposed works will take place along the local, regional and national roads between Oranmore and Loughrea in County Galway.
- During the works traffic management will be in place and local access will be maintained at all times.
- Works will also take place on private land adjacent to the roads along this route.
What are the next steps?
As part of this project, Irish Water is carrying out a major water main rehabilitation project from Oranmore to Seefin from the Maldron Roundabout in Oranmore and along the R446.
Irish Water would like to inform you that ShareRidge Ltd intends to carry out watermain connection works in Oranmore at the Maldron Roundabout from next Monday 8 June 2020 through to Wednesday 10 June 2020.
A water outage is scheduled for Tuesday 9 June 2020 at 9pm through to Wednesday 10 June 2020 at 6am.
Areas that may be affected through this water shut-off include:
- Oranmore Town
- Oranbeg GWS
- Derrydonnell (Mountain West) GWS
- Tarramuid GWS
- Cregganna / Moneymore
We apologise for any inconvenience this necessary work causes.