Tuam Regional Water Supply Scheme
€13.8 million investment in the Tuam Regional Water Supply Scheme Extension to Loughrea will provide a safe and secure water supply to over 6,000 local residents and businesses
Irish Water has awarded the contract for the design, construction and commissioning of the Tuam Regional Water Supply Scheme Extension to Loughrea to Shareridge Farrans JV.
- Improved drinking water quality
- Improved security of supply to approximately 6,000 people in Loughrea Town and surrounding areas
- Construction of approximately 20km of water mains from Carrowmonesh in Oranmore to Seefin Reservoir site located near Loughrea Town
- Construction of a new 1,000m³ reservoir at Seefin
- Provision of four new pumping stations in Derrydonnell, Seefin, Lake Road and Knockanaima
- Decommissioning of two existing water treatment plants in Loughrea
News and Updates
Where will the works take place?
- The proposed works will take place along the local, regional and national roads between Oranmore and Loughrea in County Galway.
- During the works traffic management will be in place and local access will be maintained at all times.
- Works will also take place on private land adjacent to the roads along this route.
What are the next steps?
- Works are due to commence in the coming weeks.
- The project is expected that the project will take approximately 18 months to complete.
- The Project Team will ensure the local community is notified in advance of any works commencing.