Rathcormac Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade
Irish Water, working partnership with Cork County Council, has upgraded the Rathcormac Wastewater Treatment Plant Co. Cork. This upgrade was completed in 2019 and has ensured the WWTP is in compliance with the Urban Wastewater Treatment Directive, improving water quality and facilitating growth and development of the area.
- Provided better health and integrity of the environment.
- The new infrastructure has facilitated future growth of Rathcormac WWTP and has acted as a platform for social, economic and tourism development.
- Ensured compliance with EU regulations relating to the treatment of wastewater.
What was involved?
- Conversion of one SBR tank to a buffer tank including pumps, values and instruments.
- Installation of additional control and automation equipment.