Tullamore Sewer Upgrade
Upgrading the sewer network in Tullamore to remove blockages and address structural defects
Irish Water, working in partnership with Offaly County Council, has invested €1,100,000 to upgrade 6km of sewer network in Tullamore. Environmental Techniques Limited is working on behalf of Irish Water to deliver this project.
This project is currently on-going, with the sewer upgrade works scheduled for completion in summer 2019.
Think before you flush
- Irish Water is supporting Clean Coasts to raise awareness and reduce these issues through the ‘Think Before You Flush’ and ‘Think Before You Pour’ campaigns.
- Think Before You Flush is a public awareness campaign about the problem sanitary products and other items can cause in our marine environment and our wastewater systems if they are flushed down the toilet.
- Find out more here.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Address the structural defects of the sewers.
- Reduce the likelihood of sewer collapses and blockages.
- Reduce potential sewer flooding and odour issues.
- Improve the performance level of the sewer network.
What is involved as part of this project?
- Cleaning the sewer network in order to undertake an accurate inspection and removed any blockages caused by inappropriate items (e.g. wet wipes, cotton pads, fats, oils and greases etc.).
- Undertaking CCTV surveys of the sewer network to determine their condition and the extent of any defects, with over 2 km surveyed to date.
- Rehabilitating 4 km of the existing sewer through the installation of plastic liners and repaired connections.
- Tullamore, Co. Offaly
- In Progress
- €1.1 million