Tipperary Wastewater Treatment Plants Upgrades
Upgrading the wastewater treatment plants across Tipperary as part of a €700,000 investment
Irish Water, working in partnership with Tipperary County Council, is investing €700,000 to undertake essential upgrade works to wastewater treatment plants in towns and villages across Tipperary. These improvement works include upgrades to the storm water management and sludge treatment and storage facilities.
As part of the project, upgrade works are proposed to be completed in Borrisokane, Holycross and at Limerick-Junction.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Upgrade existing infrastructure at the plant and provide new elements where defects identified.
- Improve the performance of the wastewater treatment process.
- Prolong the operational life of the existing plant.
- Reduce the risk of storm water flooding.
- Ensure compliance with Urban Wastewater Treatment Regulations 2001.
What is involved as part of this project?
- Install new storm water holding tanks for the plants.
- Upgrade the sludge storage, thickening and sludge dewatering and drying facilities at the plants.
- Works will be carried out within the footprint of the plants therefore minimising disruption to residents and businesses in the surrounding area.
- Countywide, Co. Tipperary