Swords Water Main Replacement Project
This €9 million investment will provide a long term upgrade of the aging water networks in Swords which has a long history of bursting and causing significant disruption to customers in Swords, Portmarnock and Malahide.
It is estimated that this project will reduce leakage by 44 million litres of water per month and provide a reliable water supply to householders and businesses. On Forest Road a two way traffic light system will be in place South of Ridgewood to allow for water main connection works to take place. On Main Street, works will continue under one-way traffic system between Church Road and the Malahide Road junction. Traffic around works area is continually being monitored and the traffic light sequencing will be adjusted as required. Advanced warning variable message signs will also be in place to notify the public of the upcoming works.
What are the benefits of this project?
- A reliable water supply to householders and businesses within Swords, Malahide & Portmarnock.
- Fewer disruptions to drinking water supply
- Overall improvement in the level of service
What is involved in this project?
- Replacement the existing leaking concrete pipe with a modern plastic pipe.
- Replacement of water mains from the junction with Cooks Road and Forest Road and terminating near the Swords M1 motorway junction at Lissenhall over a length of 5.2km Replacement and installation of new valves, and branch connections