Swords Water Main Replacement Project
This €9 million investment will provide a long term upgrade of the aging water networks in Swords which has a long history of bursting and causing significant disruption to customers in Swords, Portmarnock and Malahide.
It is estimated that this project will reduce leakage by 44 million liters of water per month and provide a reliable water supply to householders and businesses.
Location Swords, Co. Dublin
Investment €9 million
Status In Progress
Completion Date 2018
What are the benefits of this project?
- A reliable water supply to householders and businesses within Swords, Malahide & Portmarnock.
- Fewer disruptions to drinking water supply
- Overall improvement in the level of service
What is involved in this project?
- Replacement the existing leaking concrete pipe with a modern plastic pipe.
- Replacement of water mains from the junction with Cooks Road and Forest Road and terminating near the Swords M1 motorway junction at Lissenhall over a length of 5.2km Replacement and installation of new valves, and branch connections