Swords Water Main Replacement Project
This €9 million investment will provide a long term upgrade of the aging water networks in Swords which has a long history of bursting and causing significant disruption to customers in Swords, Portmarnock and Malahide.
It is estimated that this project will reduce leakage by 44 million litres of water per month and provide a reliable water supply to householders and businesses.
Traffic management plan
- Two way traffic light system will be in place south of Ridgewood to allow for water main connection works to take place.
- Pipe line has now been laid as far as the County Hall with minimal disruption to Main Street.
- Excavation on the Malahide Road junction to be reinstated following pipe commissioning and the junction will revert to its normal workings.
- Road closure on junction of Main Street/Bridge Street will be put in place on the night of Sunday 26 August. See traffic management plan below.
- Traffic around works area is continually being monitored. The traffic light sequencing will be adjusted as required.
- Advanced warning VMS signs in place to notify the public of the upcoming works.
Diversions will be in place during the road closure from Sunday 26 August at the junction of Main Street/Bridge Street. Click on map below to enlarge.
What are the benefits of this project?
- A reliable water supply to householders and businesses within Swords, Malahide & Portmarnock.
- Permanant solution to burst history on the water main resulting in fewer disruptions to the supply
- Overall improvement in the level of service
- Reduce leakage by 44 million litres of water per month
What is involved in this project?
- Replacement the existing leaking concrete pipe with a modern plastic pipe.
- Replacement of water mains from the junction with Cooks Road and Forest Road and terminating near the Swords M1 motorway junction at Lissenhall over a length of 5.2km Replacement and installation of new valves, and branch connections
- Swords, Co. Dublin
- In Progress
- €9 million