Swords Water Main Replacement Project
This €9 million investment will provide a long term upgrade of the aging water networks in Swords which has a long history of bursting and causing significant disruption to customers in Swords, Portmarnock and Malahide.
It is estimated that this project will reduce leakage by 44 million litres of water per month and provide a reliable water supply to householders and businesses.
Details of upcoming works
Section 3 (Main Street/Malahide Rd Junction)
- Three way stop and go will be in place at the junction of Main Street and Malahide Road to allow for the water main to be installed across the south bound lane for future works. This work is expected to take 3 days.
- Footpath reinstatement and ducting works will be ongoing on Forest Road, Main Street and North Street. Traffic impact will be minimal, if stop & go is required then the work will be carried out between 10am-4pm.
- Pipe grouting works will be ongoing on Forest Road, Main Street and North Street. Traffic impact will be minimal, if stop & go is required then the work will be carried out between 10am-4pm.
What are the benefits of this project?
- A reliable water supply to householders and businesses within Swords, Malahide & Portmarnock.
- Permanant solution to burst history on the water main resulting in fewer disruptions to the supply
- Overall improvement in the level of service
- Reduce leakage by 44 million litres of water per month
What is involved in this project?
- Replacement the existing leaking concrete pipe with a modern plastic pipe.
- Replacement of water mains from the junction with Cooks Road and Forest Road and terminating near the Swords M1 motorway junction at Lissenhall over a length of 5.2km Replacement and installation of new valves, and branch connections
- Swords, Co. Dublin
- In Progress
- €9 million