Swords Sewerage Scheme & Wastewater Treatment Works
This €22.2 million investment will deliver an upgraded wastewater treatment plant for Swords and its surrounding area which currently has an existing wastewater treatment plant that is operating above capacity.
This newly upgraded plant will be capable of handling the area's fast growing population but will also protect the Broadmeadow Estuary, a valuable local amenity, from wastewater pollution.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Increase capacity of wastewater treatment plant to 90,000 Population Equivalent (PE)
- Protect and improve quality of receiving waters at the inner Broadmeadow Estuary
- Allow for population growth and economic development
What is involved in this project?
- Expanding and upgrading existing wastewater treatment plant to 90,000 Population Equivalent (PE).
- Constructing and commissioning of new treatment processes at the plant.
- Swords, Co. Dublin
- Spring 2018
- €22.2 million