Staleen Water Treatment Plant Upgrade
This €14 million investment in the Drogheda Water Supply will see the upgrade of the Staleen Water Treatment Plant which supplies over 80,000 people across Drogheda and East Meath areas.
Staleen Water Treatment Plant (WTP) is the primary drinking water production facility serving the Drogheda and East Meath Water Supply Schemes. The supply is currently on the EPA’s Remedial Action List (RAL) for exceedances of Trihalomethanes (THMs) in the associated distribution networks. This project will provide a significant upgrade of treatment facilities at the Staleen WTP to address and remedy the deficiencies in the treatment plant.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Enable the Drogheda Water Supply Zone to be removed from the EPA’s Remedial Action List.
- Environmental benefit to the River Boyne and surrounding areas.
- Improvement of the energy efficiency at the plant.
What is involved as part of this project?
- Upgrade of treatment facilities at the Staleen WTP
- Improvement of works at Roughgrange Pumping Stations