South Tipperary - Water Mains Rehabilitation
This €7 million investment will improve drinking water quality, supply and pressure for customers served by the Fethard Regional Water Supply Scheme. This project will involve the replacement of defective and ageing water mains in the existing scheme. It will focuse on rehabilitating water mains in priority areas including Fethard Town, Ballingarry and Coalbrook. This project follows earlier works that were carried out to identify and repair leaks and to allow for better control of water pressure within the scheme.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Reduce water leakage
- Improve service levels
- Reduce supply disruptions
- Reduce pressure fluctuations
- Reduce maintenance costs
- Improve drinking water quality
What is involved in this project?
- Rehabilitating water mains, along with associated fittings and service connections, on prioritised sections of the network including Fethard Town, Ballingarry and Coalbrook in Co. Tipperary.
- South Tipperary, Co. Tipperary
- Spring 2017
- €7 million