Roscommon Water Mains Rehabilitation
This project will see €8.9 million invested in water main rehabilitation throughout Co. Roscommon.
Location Co. Roscommon
Investment €8.9 million
What are the benefits of this project?
- Reduce water leakage
- Improve drinking water quality
- Improve water pressure
- Reduce water supply disruptions
- Reduce maintenance costs (repairs, flushing etc.)
- Allow for future growth in local population and economic development
Why is this project needed?
Despite previous water conservation works, approx. 50% of water leaks out from Roscommon's water distribution network. This leads to higher levels and costs of water being abstracted and treated.
Disruption to supply
Many of the water mains being replaced have high burst rates, which frequently result in major supply disruptions for customers.
What this project involves
- Replacing and rehabilitating approx. 60km of defective and aging water mains throughout Co. Roscommon.
- Replacing and removing service connections and distribution pipework from difficult to access private lands and backyard services.