Robertstown and Maynooth Wastewater Treatment Plants Upgrades
Upgrading the wastewater treatment plants in Robertstown and Maynooth, Co. Kildare as part of a €350,000 investment
Irish Water, working in partnership with Kildare County Council, is investing €350,000 to undertake essential upgrade works to wastewater treatment plant in Robertstown and the pumping station at Maynooth, Co. Kildare. These improvement works include upgrades to the inlet works, storm water management and sludge treatment and storage at these plants.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Upgrade existing infrastructure at the plants and provide new elements where defects identified.
- Improve the performance of the wastewater treatment process.
- Prolong the operational life of the existing plants.
- Reduce the risk of storm water flooding.
- Ensure compliance with Urban Wastewater Treatment Regulations 2001.
What is involved as part of this project?
- Construct a new storm water holding tank at the Robertstown plant.
- Install a new automatic inlet screen at the Maynooth pump station.
- Works will be carried out within the footprint of the plants, therefore minimising disruption to residents and businesses in the surrounding area.
- Robertstown and Maynooth, Co. Kildare