Portmarnock Wastewater Project
Progressing plans to upgrade Portmarnock Bridge pumping station
The existing wastewater pumping station at Portmarnock Bridge operates at full capacity. This means that during storms, the system is overloaded and can overflow to the Sluice River. To reduce the risk of this, we plan to build a replacement pumping station with over twice the capacity of the existing station that includes storm water storage and new sewer network assets.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Increased capacity which will facilitate future development
- Protection of the environment by reducing overflows to the Sluice River
What is involved as part of this project?
- Build a new pumping station at Portmarnock Bridge which can pump over twice as much wastewater as the existing station
- Decommission the existing pumping station
- Build storm storage to reduce the risk of emergency overflow during storms
- Build 1.7km of new rising mains and connection to a larger sewer
- Portmarnock, Co. Dublin