Naas and Newbridge Sewer Rehabilitation Works
Irish Water has invested over €700,000 in Naas and Newbridge to upgrade 3.5 km of the sewer network
Irish Water, working in partnership with Kildare County Council, has invested €700,000 to upgrade the sewer network in Naas and Newbridge. Environmental Techniques Limited worked on behalf of Irish Water to deliver this project in both towns, with the sewer upgrade works now completed.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Address the structural defects of the sewers
- Reduce the likelihood of sewer collapses and blockages
- Reduce potential sewer flooding and odour issues
- Improve the performance level of the sewer network
What is involved as part of this project?
- Cleaned the sewer network in order to undertake an accurate inspection and removed any blockages caused by inappropriate items (e.g. wet wipes, cotton pads, fats, oils and greases etc.)
- Undertaking CCTV surveys of the sewer network to determine their condition and the extent of any defects
- Rehabilitated 3.5 km of existing sewer through the installation of plastic liners, patch liners and repaired connections where structural defects were identified.
- Works were carried out using non-dig technology to reduce impacts to residents, the general public, businesses, schools and to minimise traffic disruption
- Naas and Newbridge
- In Progress