Multyfarnham Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade
Upgrading the wastewater treatment plant in Multyfarnham Co. Westmeath as part of a €150,000 investment
Irish Water, working in partnership with Westmeath County Council, is investing €150,000 to undertake essential upgrade works to wastewater treatment plant in Multyfarnham Co. Westmeath. These improvement works include upgrades to the inlet works, storm water management and sludge treatment and storage at the facility.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Upgrade existing infrastructure at the plant and provide new elements where defects identified.
- Improve the performance of the wastewater treatment process.
- Prolong the operational life of the existing plant.
- Reduce the risk of storm water flooding.
- Ensure compliance with Urban Wastewater Treatment Regulations 2001.
What is involved as part of this project?
- Install a new storm water holding tank above ground with associated storm pumps and cleaning system.
- Construct an effluent pumping station for storm tank and inlet screen cleaning.
- Provide an automated decant system within the existing sludge holding tank.
- Works will be carried out within the footprint of the plant therefore minimising disruption to residents and businesses in the surrounding area.
- Multyfarnham, Westmeath