Lough Egish Regional Water Supply Scheme
The upgrade of the Lough Regional Water Supply has benefitted approximately 12,000 people in Co. Monaghan including Ballybay, Rockcorry and Castleblaney.
This project involved upgrades to the Kilkit Water Treatment Plant in Shantonagh and the intake and pumping station at Lough Bawn. The upgraded treatment plant has an increased design output.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Improved supply and water pressure
- Improved security of supply
- Ensure compliance with current Drinking Water Quality Regulations
- Remove supplies from the Environmental Protection Agency’s Remedial Action List
- Significant operation savings following optimisation of the treatment process
- Address elevated THM levels in the water supply to over 12,000 people. More information on THMs can be found on our Water Quality page.
- Ballybay, Rockcorry, Castleblaney, Co. Monaghan
- Spring 2018
- 4.5 million