Kildare Town Sewerage Scheme
This €4.2 million investment will upgrade the capacity of the Kildare Town sewer network so that it is in line with the recently upgraded wastewater treatment plant in the town.
Location Kildare Town, Co. Kildare
Investment €4.2 million
Status In Progress
Completion Date Winter 2017
What are the benefits of this project?
- Reduce risk of sewers flooding in the town centre
- Improve and alleviate sewer capacity
- Plan for future population growth and economic development
- Construction of the pumping stations complete.
- The contractor has completed the pipework.
- Diversions of flows to the pumping stations has comenced.
- Please update text on website with the following.
What is involved in this project?
- Upgrading and integrating the existing foul / combined sewers.
- Constructing three new pumping stations, one of which incorporates storage.
- Installing approximately 3.2km of new sewers and rising mains.