Kilcar Sewerage Scheme
The proposed project will end the discharge of over 1500 wheelie bins of untreated sewage into Tawny Bay per day.
Irish Water is working in partnership with Donegal County Council to end the discharge of untreated wastewater into Tawny Bay. The proposed new wastewater treatment plant will be located at Tawny Hill. Subject to statutory approvals, we envisage that planning, design and construction will take approximately 3 to 4 years and will be undertaken between 2018 and 2021.
For further information you can contact the Project Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Water quality at the marine discharge will improve significantly
- Cleaner water will enhance Kilcar’s amenity value and act as a platform for social and economic development
- Better health, integrity of the environment and improved water quality
- New sewer pipes, and WwTP have all been sized to accommodate future population growth
What is involved as part of this project?
- Upgrade of existing pumping station to transfer flows to new wastewater treatment plant
- A new wastewater treatment plant which will serve a population equivalent of approximately 1800
- Connection to the existing outfall pipe to safely discharge treated wastewater to Tawny Bay
- Kilcar, Co. Donegal