Kells/Oldcastle Water Treatment Plant Upgrade
This €1.9 million project is needed to upgrade and expand the existing water treatment plant to improve water quality for the Kells/Oldcastle Water Supply Scheme.
The original treatment plant was built over 30 years ago and needed this investment to upgrade the treatment processes and increase the capacity of the plant. Over 15,000 homes and businesses in Kells, Oldcastle, Crossakiel, Kilskyre, Dromone, Carlanstown and surrounding areas are benefitting from improved drinking water quality and security of supply. This project ensures that this supply meets supply demands now and into the future.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Improved water quality
- Improved security of water supply
- Meets EPA standards and regulations
What is involved in this project?
- Upgrade of existing water treatment plant
- Upgrade of treatment processes at the plant
- Kells and Oldcastle, Co. Meath
- €1.9 million