Inniscarra Water Treatment Plant Upgrade
This €5.5 million upgrade works to the sludge treatment system at the Inniscarra Water Treatment Plant will ensure a reliable and sustainable water supply for Cork City and the surrounding areas including Cork Harbour and Ringaskiddy.
These works will improve the efficiency of the facility and allow for future growth in the capacity of the plant.
What are the benefits of this project?
- Improve security of water supply
- Improve the efficiency of the facility
- Ensure all sludge produced at the water treatment plant is treated in line with EPA standards and regulations
What is involved as part of this project?
- Two concrete wash water storage tanks
- A glass-lined steel sludge blend tank
- Two concrete picket fence thickener tanks
- A glass-lined steel sludge holding tank
- A sludge treatment building
- Co. Cork
- In Progress
- Spring 2018
- €5.5 million